Instead of using a USB cable to transfer data between your PC and your smartphone using MTP, you can also use a wireless connection and Amaze file manager app and an FTP client.
- Install the Amaze file manger on your Android phone (e. g. available at F-Droid app store).
- Establish a connection to your wireless router, i. e. activate WiFi.
- Open Amaze and navigate to the hamburger menu
- Click on “FTP Server”
- Optional: Configure the settings
- Click on “Start” to launch the FTP server
- After starting the server, Amaze will show the IP address and port number of the FTP server (if it does not work, chek your router settings – DHCP should be configured to automatically assign an IP address to connecting devices)
- Use the shown IP address and port number on your FTP client (on your PC) as to connect to the FTP server. Good FTP clients are FileZilla or Nautilus.